Can't save to network drive from Office after upgrading to Office
Brandon Brown
2007-07-20 15:22:05 UTC
I recently upgraded several users from Office 2000 to Office 2007. Now
whenever these users attempt to save a new document on a mapped network drive
using the "save as" method, they receive a message saying the file cannot be
found, and then a pop up box that suggests they save the file locally and
transfer it to the networked location. When the users follow this
suggestion, they can copy the document to the networked location - showing
they do indeed have write access to the networked drive and that it has disk
space available.

The users have full control over the drives in question, and can save from
any other application to the networked drives without issue. They can also
create an Office 2007 document from a network location - right click in the
folder, choose new then any office 07 file. You can name the file whatever
you wish, then open it, edit it and save it.

If you login as the domain administrator you can use "save as" to save
documents from Office 2007, but if you add a user to the administrator group,
they still cannot save to the network drive from Office. If you start in
safe mode with networking support, the regular non-administrator users can
use "save as" to save to the network location from Office 2007.

I have used System Restore to go back to a date previous to the Office 07
upgrade and the users are able to use "save as" with no problem from Office
2000. I then re-installed Office 07 as the domain administrator instead of
the local PC administrator, but I get the same results.

Has anyone else had this issue or have any ideas? I'm stuck.
Bob I
Brandon Brown
Bob I
Mark
2009-07-09 00:17:02 UTC
This IS a CA issue deals with the INORT.EXE file.

Call them. They can share in, or explain how.
I saved the NEW INORT.EXE on my drive, stop all CA services, then replace
INORT.EXE, start services.

This works.

I don't know why they don't make a patch.

This IS A CA ISSUE.
jeff.wilson
2009-02-02 13:34:32 UTC
Found a fix! Vista Enterprise, Office 2007 Enterprise
My problem was that due to corruption of the offline file store in th
Client Side Cache (CSC), the user could not save Microsoft offic
documents of any type to a network drive or folder. Offline folde
synchronization was being forced by a Group Policy. Because of this yo
could not modify offline file settings and therefore could not enable o
disable offline files. You cannot delete the v2.6.0 folder located i
C:\Windows\CSC because it is locked while logged into domain.

Solution:
1. Log in as a local (non-domain) administrator.
2. Take ownership of C:\Windows\CSC and all subfolders and files.
3. Delete everything under C:\Windows\CSC. (the v2.6.0 folder MUST b
deleted!)
Restart computer, log into domain. Offline file synchronization shoul
now be working and users can connect and save office documents t
network drives and folders

--
jeff.wilso
jeff.wilson's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/jeff-wilson.ht

http://forums.techarena.i
rhilberg
2009-05-05 18:04:47 UTC
My fix was related to CA Antivirus. You need to disable "protect network
drives" under settings-advanced.

Hope that helps.
--
rhilberg
rhilberg's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/96514.htm

http://forums.techarena.in
jeff.wilson
2009-05-06 05:46:34 UTC
Hi and thanks for response. My issue was related to the CSC -
Client-Side-Cache becoming corrupted (undocking laptop while sych of
off-line files was occurring in background) here is an update of problem
and solution - it occurred again yesterday so I paidd attention to the
fix:

Problem:
Found a fix! Vista Enterprise, Office 2007 Enterprise
My problem was that due to corruption of the offline file store in the
Client Side Cache (CSC), the user could not save Microsoft office
documents of any type to a network drive or folder. Offline folder
synchronization was being forced by a Group Policy. Because of this user
could not modify offline file settings and therefore could not enable or
disable offline files while logged into the Domain.

Solution:
1. Reboot into safemode.
2. Log in as a local (non-domain) administrator.
2. Take ownership of C:\Windows\CSC and all subfolders and files.
3. Delete everything under C:\Windows\CSC, including the CSC folder
itself.
4. Restart computer, log into domain. The CSC folder will be
re-created. Offline file synchronization should now be working and users
can connect and save office documents to network drives and folders.

network drive, CSC, Office 2007 Vista Sychronization, Client Side Cache
--
jeff.wilson
jeff.wilson's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/73860.htm

http://forums.techarena.in
Mark
2009-06-17 01:07:01 UTC
I have this very issue, HOWEVER, "disabling protect network drives", IS VERY
TROUBLING.

I hope there is a better fix or an exception to this out there somewhere.

I can save to anything but a shared\permissioned \ network drive.

That is just Wrong Microsoft.

mark