Uninstall Mendeley completely
restlessHK
2009-12-08 09:11:06 UTC
Dear Folks,

I have accidentally installed Mendeley, which turned out to be a big
mistake. I uninstalled it several times after closing all other
programs, but now it still appears as "Add-Ins" in office 2007
(including word, excel, etc). It also interferes with Endnote x2. This
is a huge problem for me now and please help.

-CW
--
restlessHK
restlessHK's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/162019.htm

http://forums.techarena.in
mustaqil.ali
2009-12-08 11:40:23 UTC
If you're looking to remove the Mendeley Word plugin, we do advise tha
you do this via Mendeley Desktop by going to Tools > Uninstall MS Wor
Plugin. If you have however since removed Mendeley Desktop, you ca
remove this plugin by hand.

First of all you'll want to locate where Word is storing this plugin o
your machine.

On MS Word 2007:

* Open up Word and click on the main menu in the top left, and the
select "Word Options" towards the bottom of this menu.
* From here select "Add-Ins" on the left, and locate th
"Mendeley-0.0.0.dot" entry. The 0.0.0 number will reflect the respectiv
version you have installed. Next to it you will see the directory i
which it is located.

Now, open up a Windows Exporer window and navigate to th
aforementioned folder. Ensuring that Word is closed completely, you ca
now delete the Mendeley .dot file.

Upon reopening Word, you'll find the plugin is no longer loaded

--
mustaqil.al
mustaqil.ali's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/162063.ht

http://forums.techarena.i
e***@gmail.com
2017-10-04 01:45:06 UTC
Thanks so much mustaqil.ali, it works!
e***@gmail.com
2017-10-04 01:47:27 UTC
It works! Thanks so much mustaqil.ali
i***@gmail.com
2017-10-25 09:02:43 UTC
Thank you so much!
i***@gmail.com
2018-02-12 14:11:04 UTC
THANK YOU SO SO MUCH FOR THIS POST. It literally saved hours of trying to remove Mendeley from my colleague's computer who is completing her masters. Mendeley had messed up her Word on the Mac and we've been struggling to get it off, even with Mendeley support staff. Your solution solved the problem and even if you posted it a long time ago, we just want to say thanks.

Cheers.

Ike
If you're looking to remove the Mendeley Word plugin, we do advise that
you do this via Mendeley Desktop by going to Tools > Uninstall MS Word
Plugin. If you have however since removed Mendeley Desktop, you can
remove this plugin by hand.
First of all you'll want to locate where Word is storing this plugin on
your machine.
* Open up Word and click on the main menu in the top left, and then
select "Word Options" towards the bottom of this menu.
* From here select "Add-Ins" on the left, and locate the
"Mendeley-0.0.0.dot" entry. The 0.0.0 number will reflect the respective
version you have installed. Next to it you will see the directory in
which it is located.
Now, open up a Windows Exporer window and navigate to the
mustaqil.ali's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/162063.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/ms-office-support/1279777.htm
http://forums.techarena.in
nabe
Thanks
l***@live.nl
Thank you so much! This was driving me crazy!
e***@gmail.com
2019-01-29 15:45:49 UTC
I cant find file mendeley.0. 0.0. dot, and the plg in stil shows up.. i'm usung office 2019. Please help
😉 Good Guy 😉
2019-01-29 16:59:49 UTC
Post by e***@gmail.com
I cant find file mendeley.0. 0.0. dot, and the plg in stil shows up.. i'm usung office 2019. Please help
Please reformat your hard disk and start again and make sure you don't
install that crap again. It works most of the time.

Good luck.
--
With over 950 million devices now running Windows 10, customer
oketch john
Thanks. It worked for me.
restlessHK
2009-12-08 13:05:44 UTC
Thanks a lot. That solves it. Cheers!

http://forums.techarena.in
unknown
2009-12-08 20:01:35 UTC
FANTASTIC. I had the same problem. Don't have it anymore.
stefangude
mustaqil.ali

indianmedic
2009-12-26 14:37:41 UTC
I have been working for Mendeley for my thesis, for just about a wee
now. The initial couple of days it worked fine with Google Scholar
properly importing all the marked refences into the Mendeley deskto
library.

But recently it does not work... i get the message

Sorry - import failed!
From: http://scholar.google.co.in/scholar?.....

This really sucks.
As far as i cant tell i have installed it correctly.
It still works fine with Pub Med and cite u like, but not with Googl
Scholar.

What to d

--
indianmedi
indianmedic's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/167640.ht

http://forums.techarena.i
Mustaqil Ali
2010-01-04 12:14:47 UTC
On Dec 26 2009, 2:37 pm, indianmedic <indianmedic.
I have been working for Mendeley for my thesis, for just about a week
now. The initial couple of days it worked fine with Google Scholar,
properly importing all the marked refences into the Mendeley desktop
From:http://scholar.google.co.in/scholar?.....
This really sucks.
As far as i cant tell i have installed it correctly.
It still works fine with Pub Med and cite u like, but not with Google
Scholar.
What to do
--
indianmedic
indianmedic's Profile:http://forums.techarena.in/members/167640.htm
View this thread:http://forums.techarena.in/ms-office-support/1279777.htm
http://forums.techarena.in
Hi,

Apologies for this error, this feature was noted as having had
suffered a technical issue around the Christmas holiday period and
should have been fixed on December 29th. It should now work, so can
you please retry using it? If problems persist, please feel free to
drop us an email at ***@mendeley.com.

Regards,
Mustaqil
tinson139
2010-01-22 08:21:06 UTC
i have the same problem, however my ver. of MS Office is 2003
How can i delete mendeley completely
--
tinson139
tinson139's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/176790.htm

http://forums.techarena.in
s***@gmail.com
How do you uninstall it completely on a mac computer?
Ana
Ana
m***@gmail.com
THANKS !!! VERY USEFUL FOR MAC USERS !
Hugo Costelha
2022-03-24 09:41:26 UTC
There is another option if you do not have Mendely installed (and do not want to install it). Go to https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/office/WA104382081 , click "Get it Now" to obtain the word cite plugin, proceed with its installation. When finished, go to Word, right click the Cite wit Mendley button on the ribbon and select "Remove Add-in".

Best regards,
Hugo
Andre Morrison
2022-05-26 14:42:04 UTC
For Mac Users, I had to manually remove dotm file to fix Mendeley issue.

cd /User/yourname/Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/User Content.localized/Startup.localized/Word
ls
rm Mendely.dotm
that is all
Laís Lorenço
2022-09-08 19:18:25 UTC
Post by Andre Morrison
For Mac Users, I had to manually remove dotm file to fix Mendeley issue.
cd /User/yourname/Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/User Content.localized/Startup.localized/Word
ls
rm Mendely.dotm
that is all
thank you so much!
i was freaking out with this issue !!

l***@gmail.com
2019-02-13 08:33:24 UTC
在 2009年12月8日星期二 UTC+11下午8:11:06,restlessHK写道:
Post by restlessHK
Dear Folks,
I have accidentally installed Mendeley, which turned out to be a big
mistake. I uninstalled it several times after closing all other
programs, but now it still appears as "Add-Ins" in office 2007
(including word, excel, etc). It also interferes with Endnote x2. This
is a huge problem for me now and please help.
-CW
Thanks a lot. Problem solved.